Why Do People Find It Difficult To Quit Cigarettes ?
We all know cigarettes
are not good for your health, nor are they good for your bank balance. We know we spend too much money on cigarettes. So, why do people continue to smoke ?
And better yet, why is it so hard for so many people to quit cigarettes ? 63% of
smokers want to quit. But they don’t. Why ?
Because we are all different.
• Some people do not want to put on
• Some people do not want to go
through the withdrawal symptoms.
• Some people do not think they have
the will power to quit cigarettes
• Some people smoke to relieve stress
and to relax
• Some people are addicted to
But the biggest reason of all – Because
smoking cigarettes is not actually under your control.
How many cigarettes a day do you
actually enjoy ? If you are like most, maybe 4-5. All the others you smoke almost
unconsciously. Smoking cigarettes is usually done by your unconscious mind. It is a bit like driving. When you first
learned how to drive a car, you had to consciously think about it. But what do you do
now when you drive ? You go down the road, eating your lunch, talking on your
phone, and playing with the stereo. You drive unconsciously.
When you first started to smoke you
did it consciously. But now it is something your unconscious mind does
automatically. So unless you deal with the
individual reasons unique to each person, you will not have any luck in quitting
cigarettes long term.
Stop smoking! - Permanently
What do I need to do?
- Be ready to stop. Make the commitment mentally and physically.
- Be prepared to stop. Ring and book your appointment.
- Set up your home, work place and car so it's easier to stop.
- Attend your appointment.
- Do whatever you feel is necessary for you to stop smoking.
- Attend follow up session one week later if needed.
- Have a go and let it go!